Browse using an Advanced Search
Updated over a week ago
While many Restaurantology users may know precisely what their looking for and, thus, predominantly use the navigation bar, others may wish to simply browse the industry using a variety of filters relevant to their individual territory or overarching business strategy.
You can perform an advanced search by doing any of the following:
- Provide keywords in the navigation bar, and
- Provide any number of search filters, then
- Click the magnifying glass (🔍) or click ‘Update Search’ in the filter pop-up box
Caution: if you do not provide a keyword in the navigation bar you must provided a minimum of two (2) filters to perform a search.
Advanced Filter Definitions
- Service Type – Limited to Full Service (FSR), Limited Service (LSR), Buffet, and Food Trucks
- Urban Area – 274 metroplex such as Greater Denver Area, Greater Austin Area, etc. For a Concept or Company to be mapped to an Urban Area 51% of the units associated must be inside that metroplex.
- Size – Existing defaults are roughly aligned to IND, SMB, MM and ENT tiers. You can also define a custom range.
- Tech – 370+ restaurant-specific software spanning POS, Loyalty, Order/Deliver/Pay, etc.
- Category – Pizza, pretzel, gluten-free…
- Price – Default price ranges from $ to $$$$
- State – Prevalent state is defined as 51% of TAM units being found within the borders of the selected state(s) and/or province(s)
Pro Tip: When choosing more than one selection in the same filter category we use a default OR filter logic.
For example, choosing 2 tech filters, such as POS = Aloha (NCR) and Loyalty = Punchh, will perform an OR search for entries with one tech or the other, not both. Users with CRM integration who need to perform an AND search can do so using Salesforce Reports and any standard or custom objects or fields.