Getting started for new Restaurantology users
Step-by-step guide from install to usage
Updated over a week ago
Restaurantology is a foodservice insight database. Primary access is provided to users via a downloadable Chrome extension. If you or your company has recently signed up, this guide will help you get set up in Restaurantology so you can get started.
1. Install the Chrome extension
Make sure you’ve downloaded the Chrome extension.
Once installed, pin the Restaurantology extension to your Chrome toolbar
- Open Extensions by clicking the puzzle icon next to your profile avatar.
- A dropdown menu will appear, showing you all of your enabled extensions. Each extension will have a pushpin icon to the right of it.
- To pin an extension to Chrome, click the pushpin icon so that the icon turns blue. To unpin an extension, click the pushpin icon so that the icon turns to a gray outline.
2. Sign in to the Chrome extension
Restaurantology requires an active user account with valid username and password credentials to access our database via the Chrome extension.
Note: Users who are provided with Restaurantology on behalf of an organization should not complete the free web signup. Logins will be emailed to you by your account administrator.
- Click on the Restaurantology extension in the Chrome toolbar, which is located in the upper right-hand corner of your browser.
- Provide your email, then tap Continue.
- Provide your password, then click Sign in.
Having trouble getting signed in? Learn how to troubleshoot some of the most common issues.
3. Learn about other Restaurantology features
Now that you’re set up in Restaurantology, you’re ready to get started and explore other features.
- Visit How to use Restaurantology: your quick start guide for an overview of the basics.
- Explore our tips & tutorials to learn how to use Restaurantology like a pro.